Fear is one of the human biological signals that stop us dead in our tracks, telling us it’s not safe to proceed. There are lots of times our fear response serves us, but there are equally as many instances where it’s just our brains lying to us. And in order to get to the other side where our greatness lies, we need to feel the fear and fucking do it anyway.
My guest this week is a nationally recognized leadership and happiness coach who helps people prioritize their health and wellbeing so they can reach new levels in their personal and professional lives. Kim Strobel is the most joyful, uplifting, bold, and fearless person I know, but fear dictated her life for decades, and we’re here to talk about it.
Listen in this week as Kim Strobel gives us a masterclass on embracing fearlessness. She’s letting us in on her experience of living with fear, the role of our thoughts in creating bullshit fear stories, and how she’s reprogrammed her brain to stop shying away from fear and instead turn towards it.
If you enjoyed this episode, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s my 30-day learn-to-run class where I get you set up to train for a 5K! Click here to join the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Kim’s journey to happiness coaching.
- How fear used to stop Kim from living her life.
- What it’s like taking action while you’re afraid.
- The thoughts Kim uses to counteract her fear.
- Why we have to intentionally decide which thoughts we’re going to listen to.
- The power of experiencing failure.
- Why you miss out when you let fear dictate your life.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Kim Strobel: Website | Instagram | YouTube | Podcast
- Join Kim’s She Finds Joy Facebook group!
- Will by Will Smith
- Camino de Santiago
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!