Everyone in the Not Your Average 5K group is working on the habit of consistency at the moment to get ready for training, which starts March 4th. In light of that, I’m going to discuss creating new habits and sticking to them on the podcast this week.
Whatever goal you may have for yourself in any area of your life requires creating some sort of habit. I’m working on waking up at 5 am every morning for the month of February, and I’m realizing that it takes more than just attempting to wake up at 5 am to achieve this. Building a habit isn’t a cakewalk, but I’m going to help you succeed in establishing the ones you want in your life.
Join me this week to get clear on how you can create the habits you want, or uninstall the ones that aren’t serving you. Compelling reasons are a key part in this process, and I’ll be guiding you on how you can use them in a way that will get you results.
If you want to run a 5K this spring, I’d love for you to join my Not Your Average 5K course that is starting March 4th! Join early and get to know everyone in the group and prep for eight weeks of super fun live coaching and training!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- How my 5K clients are getting ready for training.
- The difference between an intentional habit and an unintentional habit.
- Why you have to be clear on your goals when building a new habit.
- 3 steps to start installing your habit.
- What a compelling reason is and how it helps you.
- How to prepare for your brain arguing against your compelling reason.
- What being 100% committed really means.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- The 5AM Club by Robin Sharma
- Losing 100 Pounds Podcast
- Ep #20: How to Stop Quitting
- Disney Dopey Challenge
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!