On the podcast this week, I’m bringing you an amazing duo who are the co-founders and creators of From Fat to Finish Line! Jen Roe and Angela Lee, in case you haven’t already watched the movie, are an incredible example of what is possible in the running world and have created a community that is breaking stereotypes.
I loved the movie so much and I was absolutely fangirling over being able to interview them! You’re going to hear the backstory of how this film came to be and how their community led to them being able to leave their day jobs as filmmakers. They give us the lowdown on Ragnar, how their filming was conducted, and their favorite Ragnars they’ve completed since!
Tune in for a super fun chat I got to have with Jen and Angela as I pick their brains about the film and how far they’ve come since then. Inspiration doesn’t even cut it when I think about these two awesome ladies, and I know you’re going to love hearing their journeys too!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- How the movie From Fat to Finish Line came to be.
- The logistics of filming and running the Ragnar.
- How their community was built and is what it is today.
- The intricacies of setting up a Ragnar team and meeting the race cut off.
- How From Fat to Finish Line helped Jen and Angela leave their day jobs.
- Jen and Angela’s favorite Ragnars they’ve done.
- Jen and Angela’s advice for anyone who wants to start running.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- From Fat to Finish Line: Website | Facebook community | Film Facebook page | Netflix
- Katie Foster/Runs for Cookies
- The Buck Fifty
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!