Coming in last place in a race is humiliating, embarrassing, and discouraging, isn’t it? That’s what my clients tell me, and I’ve even heard some women say they’ve decided not to show up to a race they trained for because they simply didn’t want to face the possibility of finishing last.
Quite honestly, this is mind-blowing to me. I don’t understand why it’s a problem, but I know most of you will relate to this. Too many people either don’t want to sign up to races or even try running because they might come in last place one day, and today, my goal is to change this. I’m sharing my perspective on coming in last, why I never see it as an issue, and how it is negatively impacting you in every area of your life.
I can tell you now that there is nothing shameful about it and in fact, you could feel an immense sense of accomplishment and achievement. Listen in this week to learn how you can make this shift in your own thought work and feel amazing every time you cross the finish line, no matter where you place.
We are doing a run-cation and brain boot camp in Savannah from October 31st to November 3rd. We’re going to work your brain and your body, we’re going to have tons of fun, and you get to run a race of your choice at the end in the Savannah Rock ‘n’ Roll race series! Enell is going to be there doing bra fittings and coach Jen will be there doing a fueling demo. It’s going to be awesome, so I hope to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why I don’t see coming in last place as a negative thing at all.
- How seeing last place as a neutral circumstance can change everything for you.
- What to do when you think you might come last in a race.
- How believing that last place is the worst thing will affect your mindset and results.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Birthday cake flavored GU
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!