While we’ve been discussing a lot of mindset and thought work tools here on the podcast lately, I’m taking it back to basics today. If you’re brand new to running, or if you’ve taken a long break and are thinking about getting into it again, this episode is for you. Learning how to manage your mind is crucial to your progress in the long-term, but sometimes you just want to know how to start safely.
Becoming a runner is super easy. All you have to do is get out and run. That said, I’m sharing my five steps to getting started so that you don’t go out there without any knowledge and end up quitting on yourself before you’ve barely started. Applying these tips are going to ensure that your runs feel great every time, and I’m addressing some key practices that will be a game-changer.
Join me this week as I offer up some tips so you can get out there and make running a long-term habit. These steps are simple and anyone can implement them, so leave your excuses at the door and get your ass out there!
If you’re brand new to running and want to know how to start, I have just created a starter plan called The 30-Day Running Start Kit that will walk you through it all. All you have to do is go to my website and signup using the link right at the top of the page and you’re in!
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Doors are reopening on April 6th 2020, so check it out here and get on the waiting list for the next round of enrollment… I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- What a run-walk approach is.
- Why our bodies love the run-walk approach and how it prevents you from quitting.
- How doing a five-minute warmup before you start running can benefit you.
- Why you should aim to run a certain time rather than distance.
- How getting fitted for proper running shoes can be a game-changer.
- The best clothing to wear for ultimate comfort during your runs.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #9: How to Shut Down Your Inner Mean Girl
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!