This week’s topic is a suggestion from a listener who wanted to know how to get back into running after experiencing failures. The show from a couple episodes ago, How to Coach Yourself, is going to be a great foundation for today so make sure to check that out if you haven’t already!
So what does failing really mean? And what do you have to do to make a comeback?
The negative self-talk we all indulge in when we don’t manage to cross the finish line of a race or have a bad run is really detrimental to our motivation. How many times have you thought about quitting when that happens? What I want to highlight today will allow you to get back on track and help you realize that failure is always a choice.
Join me today to get some perspective on the term “failure” and how coaching yourself through those negative thoughts can be the solution to getting back out there!
Make sure to sign up for my Friday love note emails if you haven’t already for some extra love!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Why judgment is the only thing that holds us back.
- A recap on how to manage your mind.
- Why failure is a step forward.
- How we make failure a negative thing.
- One thing that will help you stay consistent.
- Why perfectionism does not serve you.
- The bottom line in helping you start over after failure.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join the Run Your Best Life Coaching Group!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #33: How to Coach Yourself
- Stitch Fix (Grab 25% off when you keep all your items!)
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!