I’ve got Jen Lamplough back on the show this week to discuss all things fuel and food! We reached out to our Facebook group for some questions around this topic and we’re here to give you our answers. Jen is a chef and knows a lot about nutrition, and I definitely learned a lot from this conversation, so I’m excited for you guys to learn some tips around how to make your runs the best they can be when it comes to fueling before, during, and after.
Fuel is crucial to your energy levels and making sure your training runs and race go as well as you want, but knowing what fuel works best for you can be tricky, so we’re offering some of our suggestions. Commercial running fuel isn’t necessarily always the best option, and so it’s no surprise if you find yourself at your wits’ end when looking for what feels right for you.
Join us this week as we dive into some awesome questions around what to eat before and after your runs, why cutting out sugar might be a good idea, how to eat without cutting calories or macros, and what might be going on if you don’t think you’re optimally fueling your body.
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Check it out here and get on the waiting list for the next round of enrollment …I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How we fuel ourselves before and during a race.
- Why you shouldn’t change your eating habits on race day.
- What to avoid eating on race day.
- How to refuel after training runs or a race.
- Strategies for increasing calcium in your diet if you are lactose intolerant.
- Why cutting out sugar has been a game-changer for me.
- The best way to eat without counting calories or macros.
- How to cut out white flour and what you can replace it with.
- Our tips for type 2 diabetes and fueling for day-to-day runs.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Clif Shot Bloks
- Kodiak pancakes
- Corinne Crabtree
- The Diabetes Cookbook by Jen Lamplough
- Diabetes Food Hub
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!