Jen and I are back with another Q&A episode for you guys, inching ever closer to 100 episodes! We asked our Not Your Average Runner Podcast community for questions on fueling, and we’re bringing you our answers on the show.
Fueling has been a big topic in the Run Your Best Life group for the past few weeks because we’re preparing for fuel and hydration month in June. Jen, of course, is our nutrition expert who will be doing a lot of teaching over there, and she’s sharing her expertise on the podcast today. Everything you need to know about what to eat, when to eat it, and what to drink, we’ve got the answers for you!
Join us as we dive into some great questions from our listeners, and hopefully, our tips will help all of you feel more prepared and have better runs going forward!
June is fuel and hydration month in Run Your Best Life! If you want some extra special recipes for members only and a cooking demo from Jen, get in there!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- How to know when to fuel and hydrate.
- Why I don’t recommend chewing gum whilst running.
- Our thoughts on chocolate milk as a recovery drink.
- Our suggestions on water and electrolytes for hydration during a run.
- The best post-run meal suggestions for optimal recovery.
- Why there’s more to your pre-run meal than just carb loading.
- Everything you need to know about fasted running.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Connect with Jen!
- Jen’s cookbooks
- Life Savers
- Clif shot bloks
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- Mini cans of Coke
- Kodiak cake mix
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!