Do you ever wonder why some things are just so fucking hard to do? I don’t mean physical challenges like running a marathon or lifting super heavy weights. I’m talking things like saying no to food and sticking to your training plan beyond the first week.
What I’m exploring on the podcast this week is the idea of our beliefs, and specifically, our limiting beliefs. They’re the culprits when it comes to not going after our dream goal and struggling to stick to our plans. I’m diving deep into how they get formed and you’ll be glad to know there’s good news involved too – you can change them.
Tune in for the lowdown on our beliefs! They’re always there and they pass by unconsciously in our decision-making process, but hopefully, the tips you’ll learn in this episode will help you evaluate and change the ones that are stopping you in your tracks!Deciding on purpose what you want to believe about yourself so that you can feel the way you want and take the actions you desire is the ultimate in freedom and power. Click To Tweet
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Why we struggle to stick to tasks we have to do.
- How our belief systems start to form.
- Why your thoughts are really important when trying to achieve a goal.
- How a limiting belief is not a fact.
- Why doing thought downloads are key to changing your beliefs.
- How to identify your limiting beliefs.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Erin Condren
- Ep #33: How to Coach Yourself
- Ep #51: Bound and Determined – A Story of Transformation with Shawnna Dancer
- Shoe Cycle
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!