I remember this time 20 years ago, as we reached a new century, hating myself and wishing for basically everything in my life to be different. I had all the New Year’s resolutions and bought all the things to make change happen, and then two weeks later, I was back at square one… but now with the added feelings of disappointment and frustration.
If you’ve been a listener here for a while, you’ll know that the basis of the thought work I teach is all around upgrading your thoughts to create new results in your life. Now I can see why I failed at reaching my goals all those years ago and today, I’m helping you see where you might be doing the same and give you an alternative practice to get you to your goals.
Join me this week to discover a new way to get the outcomes you want this year. Society teaches us that focusing on the goal is the pathway to success, but this doesn’t work when you’ve got faulty belief systems in place. So for 2020, I’m showing you how to can start using the thought model to create the systems necessary to achieve your goals.
The doors to The Rebel Runner Roadmap are open for enrollment! It’s a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there.
The class starts January 6th but the Facebook group is already rocking and rolling with coaching I’m doing throughout December, so you definitely want to get in quick. Check it out here and I can’t wait to see you in there!
You can also use the code PODCAST when signing up for a bonus video class on planning your goals for 2020!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How hating myself didn’t produce the results I wanted.
- The thoughts I was thinking that were holding me back from getting the results I wanted.
- 3 ways believing circumstances need to change for you to love yourself is flawed.
- Why your goal isn’t what motivates you.
- How the New Year perpetuates flawed thinking when it comes to change.
- Why you need to create and maintain systems for your goals.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #123: Stop Saying Failure is Not an Option
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!