We’re in the thick of a lockdown right now, and one of the biggest themes I’ve been hearing in Run Your Best Life this last week is that people are feeling unmotivated to run. Everyone’s lives are being impacted in some way, and you’ve probably got a plethora of emotions going on, with homeschooling kids if you have them, or finding that you somehow have less time in the day than usual.
If you’ve been taking time off from running over the past couple weeks and treating this quarantine as a snow day and binge-watching Netflix, don’t judge yourself. What I do want to offer today though is that this pandemic isn’t going to be over any time soon, and you’ll soon find yourself not feeling great if you don’t get your body moving.
Join me this week as I encourage you to get your ass out there (or stay in) and run! If going out isn’t an option for you, there’s nothing stopping you from getting your body moving indoors, and you’ll be surprised at the benefits you’ll reap from being active. Even if you feel like you’ve lost your fitness from taking a break, an even longer break isn’t going to make it easier.
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Doors are reopening on April 6th 2020, so check it out here and get on the waiting list for the next round of enrollment… I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why not doing anything all day long doesn’t feel as good as you imagine it would.
- The reason you don’t feel motivated to run right now.
- How running can lessen your stress and tiredness.
- Why putting off running is not going to make it easier to get back into it.
- How scrolling social media and watching the news isn’t serving you.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!