Oh my god you guys, I am so excited about this week’s podcast guest. I have the one and only Gretchen Rubin on the show and I could not feel more privileged. Gretchen is the author of the number one New York Times bestseller, The Happiness Project, which is just one of her many books that I love.
She is quite the expert on habits and shares so much knowledge around consistency and decision making that will make your brain explode with a-ha moments throughout our chat. We covered countless topics and I know you’re going to be wowed by her, just like I was.
Join me this week for a mind-blowing conversation with Gretchen Rubin. If you’re ready for 2019 to be the year of ultimate happiness, health, productivity, and creativity, this is the episode for you.
If the excitement around your New Years resolutions is starting to die down, you want to join Run Your Best Life. We’re working on building habits and routines in the month of February, using some of the discussions from this podcast to lead us. You do not want to miss out!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Why habits can be freeing and energizing.
- What decision fatigue is.
- Why our brains want to create habits.
- The concept behind foundational habits.
- 4 foundational habits to implement if you’re not sure where to start.
- How creating “outer order” can contribute to a habit.
- What “the four tendencies” are.
- How Gretchen used the strategy of pairing in her life to reinforce habits.
- Why rewards undermine habits.
- 2 types of rewards that will sustain or deepen your habits.
- One practice that will help you want to stick to your habits.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Gretchen Rubin: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Better Than Before
- The Happiness Project
- Happier at Home
- Happier with Gretchen Rubin podcast
- Outer Order Inner Calm
- The Four Tendencies
- Tidying Up with Marie Kondo
- The Four Tendencies Quiz
- The Better app
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!