My whole life, I would qualify myself as a half-asser. I rarely go all-in on something. I procrastinate, I cut corners, and I regularly do the bare minimum to get by. And for years, I made this mean something was wrong with me. But this is a thought I started questioning over the past few years, and I’m so glad I did.
I have come to believe that the ability to half-ass things without feeling guilt is more powerful than you might believe. Now, I don’t want you to get half-assery confused with quitting. It is impossible to quit your way to success and I don’t think anyone would disagree with that. But can you half-ass your way to success? Tune in to find out.
Join me on the podcast this week to discover what’s going on when we believe that our tendency to half-ass things somehow makes us a failure. I’m sharing where selective half-assing and procrastination have actually served me, and how you can see where the ability to be comfortable doing B- work could actually be your superpower if you allow yourself to embrace it.
If you’re just starting out on your running journey or getting back into it after some time off, I want you to sign up for my free 30-day Running Start Kit. Just click here to sign up, and make sure to share it with anyone else who could use it!
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Check it out here and get on the waiting list for the next round of enrollment …I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How we think when we buy into the idea that we are a half-asser.
- What makes us believe that half-assing stuff makes us some kind of failure.
- Where half-assing certain things in my life have served me perfectly well.
- The difference between half-assing and quitting.
- How to reframe your half-assery and see it for the superpower that it can be.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #20: How to Stop Quitting
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!