10 years ago, after doing a few sprint triathlons, I decided it was time for me to try a half marathon. I signed up and gave myself months in which to train. But then, I just didn’t train. Sure, I was running all summer long, but not getting in the miles I needed to feel confident about my first half marathon.
So, with six weeks until the race and knowing I wouldn’t be able to run the whole thing, I dropped out. At the time, my brain was filled with thoughts of failure. But not even a year later, I discovered something that changed how I held myself accountable forever, and the next race I signed up for went so much better.
Tune in this week as I share the story of the half marathon that changed my life. I’m sharing why signing up for a race is never going to provide enough motivation to carry you through months of training, and you’ll discover the impact that you can have on the world just by showing up for yourself in a new way.
If you want to run your first half marathon, I’m running an intimate coaching group for just eight runners. I’ll be in daily contact with every member of the group, providing regular coaching, and guiding you through training for your first half marathon. If you’ve tried and failed, or been too scared to try in the past, or tried, then succeeded, but hated it the whole way, this is the group for you. Class starts the first week in August, so for more information or to join Big Fat Half Marathon, click here!
If you enjoyed this episode, you have got to check out Up and Running. It’s my 30-day online program that will teach you how to start running, stick with it, and become the runner you’ve always wanted to be. Click here to join and I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The thoughts and emotions I used to indulge around training before discovering thought work.
- Why it’s no surprise I quit on myself while training for my first half marathon.
- My practice of visualizing success on race day throughout training for a race.
- Why one race changed my life and allowed me to reach thousands of other runners.
- How to stay accountable and committed to your training plan, or any other goal you have.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Click here to get on the waitlist for Up and Running!
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!