Spring is going to creep up on us before we know it, so that means right now is the time to be planning your race schedule for 2022 if you haven’t already. I know a lot of you are dreaming about making the jump to the half marathon distance, so whether it’s your first one ever or a comeback race after taking some time off, this episode is for you.
There are so many practical components that make crossing a half marathon finish line possible. But we’re not focusing on any of it today. Instead, I’m walking you through my guidelines for how to know if you’re ready to start half marathon training, because starting when you’re not ready will either lead to injuries or a shitty race experience, neither of which I want for you.
Join me this week to find out if you’re ready to start half marathon training! I’m inviting you to get brutally honest with yourself as you tune in because I’m offering reasons for training that signal you’re ready to embark on this mental and physical challenge, and reasons for training that might signal it isn’t for you just yet.
If you enjoyed this episode, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s my 30-day learn-to-run class where I get you set up to train for a 5K! Click here to join the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- My guidelines for how to know when you’re ready to start training for a half marathon.
- 4 physical obstacles you need to have crossed before you start training.
- What to expect during your half marathon training.
- How you can physically be ready for a half marathon without being mentally ready.
- The importance of knowing why you’re training for a half marathon.
- How to know if half marathon training isn’t for you.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!