Rebels, I hope you’re ready for another episode full of tough love because I’m bringing it to you in full force today. I’m addressing the ugly side of self-love and body size positivity. These concepts don’t always involve rainbows and daisies and we’re going to break it down in today’s show.
On this episode, I highlight why we’re guilty of negative self-talk and how it’s not our fault that our inner mean girl gets conceived. I’m also setting a 30-day challenge so you can start looking inside your mind and becoming aware of the thoughts coming up for you.
I’m here to start you down the path of acceptance and maybe even bona fide love for yourself. It’s definitely not an easy feat and your old thoughts will bubble up to the surface more than you’d like but practice and reinforcing new thoughts will literally change your life.
Join me on this episode to hear the raw truth about self-critical thinking and how it shapes who we are. I share the beliefs I internalized growing up and how it took me over 30 years to change them and start loving myself. Learning the process of self-love isn’t for the faint of heart, but it’s so worth it.
Looking for something new to wear? Want to try a new trend but can’t find clothes you love in styles you love that also fit your budget? Get your box of absolute perfection from Stitch Fix! Uplevel your style game and get 25% off when you keep all five items in your box!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Why you need to be willing to suck at self-love and body positivity.
- How my inner mean girl was born.
- Why self-love involves hard work.
- The thought download process.
- How to stop the little quits – a question from a listener.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join the Run Your Best Life Coaching Group!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Stitch Fix
- Ep #33: How to Coach Yourself
- Ep #25: Get Your Brain in Shape with Brooke Castillo
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!