Summer is in full swing and just the other day, somebody asked if I had any tips for running in hot weather. I confidently told them to go check out the podcast episode I did about it. However, I went to look it up, and I couldn’t find one. So I’m fixing that right now and bringing you everything you need to know about running in the heat.
If you have a treadmill, you can just hit the AC and never bother going outside. However, learning to run in all different weather conditions is super important because you can’t guarantee the temperature on race day. If you want to get out there and run in the heat safely, this episode is for you.
Tune in this week to hear my tips for running in hot weather. I’m discussing how to recognize the signs of heat exhaustion when you’re on your summer runs, some useful clothing and gear advice, how to hydrate safely, how to protect yourself from the sun, and how to pace yourself in the safest way possible.
If you could guarantee your success in training for a half marathon by doing just one thing, would you do it? Well, I have just the thing and it’s called Run Your Best Life. This is the training program where you’ll have multiple coaches, a fantastic community, and endless resources to support you along the way. Run Your Best Life is now open to all women who want to get running, so hop on in!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why running in hot weather is safe, as long as you take precautions.
- The importance of knowing your limitations and not pushing yourself too far.
- Why the adverse effects of running in hot weather are different for every individual.
- My personal temperature limit where I won’t go and run outdoors during summer.
- Signs of heat exhaustion that you need to look out for.
- Why summer isn’t the time to set your personal best.
- My tips for staying safe while running in hot weather.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
- Corinne Crabtree
- Ep #166: Cold Weather Running Tips
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!