Rebels, this week’s episode turned out slightly differently than I had planned, but I think it’s going to be super valuable to you. I chose this week’s inspirational warm up quote for a few reasons, and I have a great story to share with you that reflects its message perfectly.
I’m sure all of you are familiar with the concept of our inner mean girl. Well, the story I’m sharing today is a perfect example of how much unnecessary drama she can cause. I’m delving into my whole experience – start to finish – of deciding to sign up for my first triathlon 10 years ago right up to crossing the finish line.
Pop those earbuds in, sit back, and relax as I share all the ups and downs our thoughts can bring up for us in any situation. If you’re ever doubting yourself for any reason, remember that believing in yourself is absolutely key, and I’m going to show you how I did it.If you believe you are a failure, you will be a failure. If you believe you're an athlete, you will be an athlete. It is literally that simple. Click To Tweet
There’s still time to get in on the amazing training program – Rebel Runner Unleashed – where we’re getting ready for the New Orleans half marathon in February! Sign up for a quick 10-minute call with me to see if this is the right next step for you. It’s going to be so much fun!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- My experience training for a triathlon.
- How I silenced my inner mean girl while training for a triathlon.
- My inner turmoil before starting the triathlon.
- What helped me get in the right mindset for the race.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- New Orleans Rock ‘n’ Roll
- Slow Fat Triathlete by Jayne Williams
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!