Rebels, I’ve got so much goodness on the show for you today! I’m not only exploring a really good topic this week, but I’ve also got Suzy Rosenstein back on for a little segment to give us an update on her running journey. If you didn’t catch the first part of our conversation, make sure to check it out here!
So, getting heckled by those lovely people (sense the sarcasm dripping?) that yell at you while you’re on your run, or even comments from people you know who are “concerned about why you’re not losing any weight” is a pretty difficult situation to handle.
It’s something we’ve discussed on the podcast before, but it can’t hurt to dive a little deeper because I know someone’s going to need to hear it. It’s really an art that needs some fine-tuning to get right, and I’m boiling it down to three options you can choose from when it happens.
While I know you’re training like a true rebel runner, I’m here to make sure you manage your mind like a badass too. There’s going to be some tough love involved like always, but remember, a real rebel runner doesn’t let anyone get in her way.Doubt is a dream killer. You can rise above failure, you can learn from it, you can use it to fuel you, but doubting yourself is super poisonous. Click To Tweet
Looking for something new to wear? Want to try a new trend but can’t find clothes you love in styles you love that also fit your budget? Get your box of absolute perfection from Stitch Fix! Uplevel your style game and get 25% off when you keep all five items in your box!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- An update from Suzy Rosenstein on her running journey.
- A new tool I’ve been teaching my clients that helps silence your inner mean girl.
- How to mentally prepare yourself for hecklers.
- Why it hurts when a complete stranger says something derogatory.
- 3 ways to deal with hecklers.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #36: Getting Over Your Fears About Running with Suzy Rosenstein
- Suzy Rosenstein: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Ep #33: How to Coach Yourself
- ThinkUp app
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!