Last week, we took a deep dive into how to get consistent with your exercise routine, especially if it’s something you’re new to. Today, we’re approaching this topic from a different lens where instead, we’re discussing how to stop quitting after you’ve started.
Whatever your long-term goal might be, whether running or otherwise, you’re probably familiar with the high, gung-ho energy and motivation we all experience doing something new for the first couple of months. You can’t imagine not doing it and you feel amazing, but then shit inevitably happens, one missed workout turns into a string of them, and you just want to quit.
Listen in this week as I list the red flags that signify you’re on a path to quitting, even if it doesn’t feel like it in the moment. I’m showing you the key differences between big quits and little quits, why you need compelling reasons for your goal, and how to be prepared for the moments your brain tells you that quitting is the best option.
Registration for my How to Become a Consistent Exerciser Workshop is open! If you want to understand the excuses you’re making, why you’re making them, your excuse personality, and how to work with your specific excuse personality to get your butt in gear, you need to join us. Click here to find out more and I can’t wait to see you there!
If you enjoyed this episode, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s my 30-day learn-to-run class where I get you set up to train for a 5K! Class opens in September 2021, so click here to join the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The difference between big quits and little quits.
- Why little quits, in the moment, don’t feel like you’re quitting.
- The phrases we often use that are red flags that you’re about to quit.
- How to be prepared for the inevitable moments when your brain wants to quit.
- The trade-off we’re unconsciously making when we choose to quit.
- What makes the consequence of quitting so painful and leads to more quitting.
- How to discover your compelling reasons for going after a goal.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #209: Choose Your Hard
- Ep #210: Three Ways to Get Consistent with Your Exercise Routine
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!