I’m bringing you an extremely exciting episode this week! I had the pleasure of speaking to Latoya Shauntay Snell of Running Fat Chef and Martinus Evans of 300 Pounds and Running. In a wide-ranging conversation, we discussed the highs and lows of their running journeys and some difficult realities that these guys have faced.
Latoya and Martinus are leading examples of persistence and determination in getting through some really tough times in regards to their health. Be ready to hold on throughout this emotional rollercoaster of a discussion.
Whether you’re a plus size rebel runner or just looking at getting started, this episode is full of golden nuggets to get you excited for your journey and learn you’re not alone in adversity.
I’m compiling a list of funny running stories for an upcoming podcast and I want you to submit any stories you might have! The deadline for submission is May 7th, and you can either call The Not Your Average Runner hotline at 484-754-6794 and leave a voicemail with your story, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I can’t wait to hear from you!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- How “revenge running” has accelerated their running journeys.
- Why their dedication proved their doctors wrong.
- Martinus’s methodical training for completing races.
- Latoya’s process of crossing off health issues on her checklist.
- How they deal with heckling during races.
- An insight into their new podcast, The Long Run.
- Their most memorable races.
- The importance of understanding foods that work for your body.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join the Run Your Best Life Coaching Group!
- Martinus Evans: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
- Latoya Shauntay Snell: Instagram | Facebook |Twitter
- Running Fat Chef
- 300 Pounds and Running
- The Long Run Podcast
- 300 Pounds and Running Podcast
- Latoya’s The Root article
- Frederick Douglass
- Couch to 5K
- Buzzfeed article featuring Latoya
- Runner’s World article featuring Martinus
- Mirna Valerio
- North Face Endurance Challenge
- Detroit Marathon
- Cheshire Half Marathon
- What The Health
- From A Half-Dead Goldfish to Metamorphosing Shark
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!