Our book of the month for July in Run Your Best Life has been Let Your Mind Run: A Memoir of Thinking My Way to Victory by Deena Kastor. As a runner, I’ve known of her, but I didn’t really appreciate her athleticism and her mental game until I read this book. Her story really resonated with me and inspired me, and I know it’ll do the same for you.
It’s fascinating reading about elite athletes, so from that perspective, this book was amazing. We all dream about what it must be like to run a five-minute mile or finish a half marathon in just over an hour, and reading about that experience is truly awe-inspiring. But this book goes even deeper than just that.
Listen in this week as I share my thoughts on Deena Kastor’s book and some of the key takeaways that have inspired me and created pride for myself on my own journey as a runner. She gives us insight into the mind drama that comes up even for her, hitting the tough moments in races, and dealing with injuries. I barely scratch the surface of the gems in this book, so I urge you to grab a copy for yourself and read it immediately.
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Check it out here and get on the waiting list for the next round of enrollment …I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How reading this book has inspired me.
- Why I found this book to be so relatable.
- How Deena Kastor showed me that I’m a badass and reading this book made me feel really proud of myself.
- The key takeaways from this book.
- A new way to think about hitting a wall during a race.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Let Your Mind Run: A Memoir of Thinking My Way to Victory by Deena Kastor
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!