In preparation for our Savannah retreat and the Philadelphia Marathon coming up in a few weeks, I just completed my longest training run yet and I am so pleased with myself. Long-distance runs can feel like such a struggle and often require lots of thought work to push through the physical pain that comes along with it.
Today, I’m sharing how I got through my run without suffering or letting my inner mean girl loose, and I’m giving you some powerful questions to ask yourself when you’re struggling to tap into the feelings of excitement and determination to keep going. This new thought that I used is definitely my new mantra, and I know you’ll find it powerful too.
Join me this week to discover how you can crush long runs without the suffering. The mental work is so crucial and isn’t always fun to do, but pushing through the tough miles is what will help you up-level your endurance and mental strength like nothing else.
The women in Run Your Best Life are crushing their half marathon training at the moment and we’re seeing such amazing results. If you want to join in on the fun, you’re going to have to join soon because the group is growing fast and we’re closing Run Your Best Life in the next month to ensure everyone already in there is getting all the support they need!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The groundwork I did to prepare for my 16-mile run this week.
- The thoughts I practiced to feel excited and determined.
- How I used the body scan and discomfort scale during my training run.
- The difference between suffering and physical discomfort.
- What I did to keep going when the physical pain intensified during my run.
- Two amazing things that happen when you train to keep going even when it feels hard.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #110: The One Strength Exercise You Aren’t Doing But Should Be
- Andy’s Turkey Pumpkin Chili
1 lb ground turkey
1 sugar pumpkin
1 onion diced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1 can kidney beans
1 packet chili seasoning
Preheat oven to 350
Cut pumpkin in half, scoop out seeds, brush with olive oil, turn upside down on baking sheet lined with parchment paper, poke backside with fork to allow steam to escape
Bake for 50 minutes
Once cooked, allow to cool and remove pumpkin skin
Add all ingredients into crock pot, put on high heat and allow to cook for at least 4 hours. Stir occasionally.
Pumpkin spice and/or nutmeg can also be added as desired
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!