On the podcast today, I’m interviewing none other than Kara Loewentheil! Kara is a Master Certified Coach and the host of the Unf*ck Your Brain podcast. She is the ultimate feminist rock star and all-around badass coach – I know from firsthand experience – and probably the best person to discuss this episode’s topic with!
Running any race, whether it’s a 5K, half marathon, or a full marathon is a huge accomplishment that involves a lot of time and effort in training for it. What I see too often, however, is the feeling of disappointment when my clients get those long-awaited race photos. Kara gives us so much valuable information as to why this sinking feeling is inevitable without purposely preparing our thoughts and how we can get to a place where we love our bodies without having to change it!
Join us for an incredibly inspiring chat about women and our body image. Kara’s thoughts on this topic are so helpful to anyone who might be struggling and I know you’re going to love her!Your body is not an object. It's a home. It's an animal that you live in. - Kara Loewentheil Click To Tweet
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Why it’s important for women to work on loving their bodies.
- How confirmation bias works when you look at a photo of yourself.
- Why changing your body in order to like yourself more doesn’t work.
- Kara’s thoughts on photos you use for dating – i.e. Tinder.
- How what you think you’re seeing objectively is not reality.
- Why we’re trained to think how we look is more important than our achievements.
- Kara’s 3 steps to practice so you can work on your body image.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Follow Kara: Website | Instagram
- Unf*ck Your Brain podcast
- Kara’s Confidence Cheat Sheet
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!