One thing I’ve learned over the years is that our idea of fun changes over time. Something you used to find fun in your 20s might not sound that appealing to you now, and the same goes when it comes to running. You might be holding onto the belief that running is boring or hard, or you might catch yourself in the middle of your run thinking, “When is this going to end?”
You’re not going to be surprised when I tell you that this isn’t going to serve you or make running any easier. If you don’t end up quitting right then and there, you’ll definitely struggle to find the motivation to get out there again for a while. So, this week, I’m sharing six tips that will help you shift your mindset around running, to reinforce the idea that running can be fun if you are committed to the journey of being a runner.
Join me on the podcast for some of my takeaways and tips around making running fun and why you’ll be doomed if you choose to hold onto the thought that running is hard or boring. Anything can be fun if you choose to decide it is, and if you’re ready to stop suffering, this episode is for you.
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Check it out here and get on the waiting list for the next round of enrollment …I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How something cannot be innately fun or boring.
- 6 tips you can implement to make running more fun for you.
- The results you will inevitably face if you keep telling yourself shitty stories about running.
- How believing you have to better yourself with every run is setting you up for failure.
- What a fartlek run is and how to play around with it.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!