I recently made a quick video teaching everyone in my Not Your Average 5K group some treadmill skills. Since it’s something I haven’t discussed much on the podcast, I thought I’d bring you some tips and answer some frequently asked questions I get from you guys.
Some of you are a little afraid of running on treadmills and I get it. We weren’t evolved to run or walk on a belt moving in the opposite direction, were we? I can’t emphasize enough the importance of knowing how to run on a treadmill, for those days when running outside just isn’t an option. Today, I’m giving you step-by-step tips on how to use a treadmill safely so you can build your confidence.
Tune in for an in-depth guide on everything you’ve ever wanted to know about treadmills! I’m addressing all your most common questions about treadmills and the issues you face with them, and I’m giving you some solutions so you can be a master on this machine!
If you want to run a 5K this spring, I’d love for you to join my Not Your Average 5K course that is starting March 4th! Join early and get to know everyone in the group and prep for eight weeks of super fun live coaching and training!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Why having treadmill skills in your training toolbox is really important.
- My answers some of the most common questions I get about treadmill running.
- How the treadmill can help you become a better runner.
- The basic safety rules of how to use a treadmill.
- How to build your confidence on a treadmill.
- Why the elliptical is not a substitute for treadmill running.
- 3 techniques that will help you land lighter on your feet.
- Why the treadmill isn’t boring.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Garmin foot pod
- Skirt Sports 1X to 3X line (Use code NYAR 20 to get 20% off your order!)
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!