This week, I’m introducing you to another one of our NYAR Ambassadors, Lisa Russell. Lisa not only works full-time, but she is a wife, mom, runner, crafter, and photographer too. She definitely knows a thing or two about juggling her career and home life, so for any of you who have lots on your plate and want to make time for running, this episode is for you.
I’m quizzing Lisa on her running journey so far and the stories she was telling herself that kept her from going after her dream of running. Women so often take on the caretaker role, believing we need to put others before our own wants and needs, and Lisa was no different until she realized making time to pursue her desire to run was the best thing she could do.
Join us today as Lisa and I discuss the thought work she applied to her running and how it impacted the intentionality with which she approaches her goals. We’re diving into the importance of making time for the things we want as women, and although she’s injured right now, she’s sharing how she’s best taking care of herself as part of her training routine.
If you enjoyed this episode, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s my 30-day learn-to-run class where I get you set up to train for a 5K! Class opens in August 2021, so click here to join the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- What running was like for Lisa when she first started and what it’s like for her now.
- How Lisa’s beliefs about running changed after applying the thought model.
- The ways in which Lisa was convincing herself that she couldn’t make running work in her life.
- How Lisa applied the concept of the minimum baseline.
- The intervals Lisa used when she started out.
- Why Lisa chose the goals she did and the intentional thoughts she used in her pursuit.
- How Lisa is taking care of her injury as part of her training plan.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Lisa Russell: Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!