We’re diving into an important topic today: menopause. Specifically, we’re talking all things fueling your body through menopause. I have the perfect guest to discuss this subject, and since we met during our Advanced Certification in Feminist Coaching, you can expect an appropriate amount of feminist ranting too.
Elizabeth Sherman is a health coach for women in mid-life and host of the podcast Done with Dieting. After tragically losing her mother to breast cancer, she decided she wanted to optimize her health. This led her to leave her corporate job and become a personal trainer during her self-described midlife crisis at the age of 33. Since then, she’s become a successful wellness coach, and she hasn’t looked back.
Tune in this week to discover how to fuel your body through menopause. Elizabeth Sherman is here to discuss the physical and mental impacts of menopause, and why breaking the patriarchal conditioning of ignoring its existence and starting a conversation is the key to improving our experience of our menopausal years.
If you enjoyed this episode, you have got to check out Up and Running. It’s my 30-day online program that will teach you how to start running, stick with it, and become the runner you’ve always wanted to be. Click here to join and I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why Elizabeth decided to become a wellness coach for mid-life women.
- How Elizabeth has done an amazing job of combining her work as a personal trainer with her knowledge from becoming a certified life and wellness coach.
- Where Elizabeth has seen the stress of her clients’ daily lives impacting their health and wellness.
- Why restrictive dieting and excessive training isn’t a sustainable lifelong wellness strategy.
- How Elizabeth discovered she could manage her menopausal symptoms through listening to her body and fueling intentionally.
- The toll that menopause, as well as the lack of conversation and understanding around it, takes on our mental health and wellbeing.
- Why focusing on our weight or appearance during menopause actually exacerbates the other symptoms.
- How our bodies change through menopause, and how to adapt and fuel your body to start feeling better.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Click here to get on the waitlist for Up and Running!
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
- Elizabeth Sherman: Website | Instagram | YouTube | Facebook | Podcast
- Get Elizabeth’s Freebie: 8 Things that Healthy People Do
- The Life Coach School
- The Gap and the Gain by Benjamin Hardy and Dan Sullivan
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!