July is endurance month in Run Your Best Life, and Jen and I are back with another Q&A episode where we’re going to be answering some questions on this topic from our podcast listeners and Facebook followers!
Endurance – both physical and mental – is crucial in working through long distance runs and trying to keep your inner mean girl quiet. Jen and I are sharing some of our top tips for staying motivated, training your mind to work through injuries and a long recovery process, and how to get over finding stretching and strength training boring. We’ve got half marathon training coming up really soon, so this is absolutely the perfect timing to address this topic!
Join us this week as we share some of our insights on how to build up that mental muscle that’ll keep you going, even when you feel like quitting, so make sure to listen closely and take our suggestions if you’re struggling to stay positive.
If you’ve been holding out for half marathon training in the Run Your Best Life group, now is the time to sign up! We start the half marathon training on July 15th and it runs all the way to the very end of October! This class is perfect for both beginners and more experienced runners so get in there now!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- What we’ll be getting up to on our Run Your Best Life retreat in Savannah.
- What mental endurance means.
- Our top motivational tips.
- Jen’s mantras that keep her motivated.
- How to mentally survive an injury and the recovery process.
- What your inner mean girl is and how to silence her.
- How to curb not wanting to stretch and lift weights.
- Why building mental endurance is so crucial to reach your goals.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Savannah Rock ‘n’ Roll
- Grit by Angela Duckworth
- Angela Duckworth’s TED talk
- Slow Fat Triathlete by Jayne Williams
- Resistance band workout
- Six-week Jumpstart plan
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!