Think about the last time you had a run scheduled in your training plan. Did you stick to it? Or did you come up with a whole list of excuses to leave it for later and end up never getting it done?
We’ve all been there, where you’ve justified skipping your run, or not cleaning the house right now, or not driving by the gym today. It seems innocent enough at the time, but the problem is that when tomorrow comes, the same conversation is going to be going on in your brain.
Today I’m introducing you to the minimum baseline technique to help you create a new pathway for your habits. This approach may seem too easy at first, and you will be tempted to increase the threshold, but I urge you to listen closely and follow the steps.
This isn’t about making big jumps in your fitness progress, or your running distance and time. This little brain hack is going to change your life, not just in terms of running, but in any area where you’re trying to create consistency, so tune in and give it a try.
We are working on consistency in Run Your Best Life for the month of August. September is a time where we see our training plans ramped up and more runners joining us, so we will be learning the minimum baseline along with lots of other tools to help you stay motivated. If your excitement is wearing off and you need some support, join us there!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- How we create habits and why some actions are habitual.
- Why habits aren’t either good or bad.
- What the minimum baseline approach is and how it works.
- Why the minimum baseline isn’t about moving the needle in your fitness goals.
- A big mistake you want to avoid in setting your minimum baseline.
- How I know what the right amount is for my minimum baseline.
- 2 questions to consider when setting up your minimum baseline.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Half Marathon course
- The Life Coach School Podcast
- Letsfit resistance bands
- Resistance band workout routine
- Resources page
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!