I’m sure all of you will agree with me when I say that this is definitely not how we saw 2020 going for us runners. Our race season has been canceled, vacations canceled, and I even had to call off my wedding. It may seem petty to complain when these are small losses compared to the people who have lost their lives to COVID, but I’m here to tell you that you are allowed to feel disappointed.
Have your pity party, go all out and have your moment, but then, make a decision. I’ve brainstormed some positives that have come out of this situation for me, and I’m sharing them today to encourage you to see where you could discover new opportunities for yourself. COVID has pushed me out of my comfort zone, and I’m excited about my plans for the rest of the year. And guess what, you can be too.
Join me today as I urge you to look at our current situation with fresh eyes, to see what you can do with this unforeseen time that you might not have had otherwise! Maybe you need a well-deserved break from running, or maybe you’ve now got the time to plan to do the things you’ve been putting off for after completing your races. The time is now, rebels.
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Check it out here and get on the waiting list for the next round of enrollment …I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why it’s normal if you’re feeling disappointed that your race season has been canceled.
- The difference between being disappointed and indulging in mind drama.
- 3 positives that I’ve discovered despite COVID-19 disrupting our plans.
- The decision that I want you to make now.
- My plans for the rest of 2020.
- How getting mad at someone for encouraging you is a waste of time.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!