Something I get asked from people interested in our community is what they would gain from joining if they’re already an experienced runner. I could list off a plethora of benefits and transformations waiting for you on the other side, but instead, I’m bringing on NYAR Ambassador Cynthia Dils today to give you an accomplished runner’s perspective.
Cynthia is the perfect example of someone who was already a runner before she joined the Rebel Runner Roadmap and Run Your Best Life. At 51 years young, she’s a 3rd Degree Black Belt, certified Taekwondo instructor, and RRCA certified run coach. She has been an avid runner since completing her first Dopey Challenge in 2018, which is a race I know so many runners aspire to, and she’s here to share her badassery with all of us.
Join us this week as Cynthia reminds you of what’s possible for you, even if you’re full of doubt right now about whether you can be a runner. She’s sharing some of the biggest lessons she has learned from being a member of our community, why rest and recovery are not nice-to-haves, and her best tips for runner safety.
If you enjoyed this episode, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s my 30-day learn-to-run class where I get you set up to train for a 5K! Class opens in August 2021, so click here to join the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why Cynthia signed up for the Dopey Challenge and what drove her to finish it.
- The struggles Cynthia faced in her training for the Dopey Challenge.
- What Cynthia has gained from being in the Roadmap and Run Your Best Life.
- How Cynthia would have approached the Dopey Challenge differently had she had these tools.
- What led to Cynthia’s injuries and what she’s learned about injury prevention and recovery.
- How Cynthia incorporates her love for Taekwondo into her running regimen.
- What it means to be an NYAR ambassador.
- Cynthia’s best self-defense tip.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Cynthia Dils: Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!