I’m back this week with another fabulous Not Your Average Runner ambassador, Elsbeth Thurston! Elsbeth has been a runner for 10 years, and she joined Run Your Best Life two and a half years ago. The mental and physical shifts she’s experienced since joining our community and learning to manage her mind are so inspiring, and I can’t wait for you to hear her story.
If you struggle with the mind drama of running in a group or dread your weight training sessions, Elsbeth’s advice today is going to blow your mind. She’s been a true student of the thought work and mind management pieces of this work, and committing to pushing the edges of her mental boundaries has enabled her to push her physical boundaries too.
Listen in this week as I quiz Elsbeth on her running journey so far and what has contributed to some of the most transformational changes she’s experienced over the last few years. The power of our thinking and how much it can influence the quality of our experience as a runner is not to be dismissed, and Elsbeth is the perfect example of just how important doing this work really is.
If you’re just starting out on your running journey or getting back into it after some time off, I want you to sign up for my free 30-day Running Start Kit. Just click here to sign up, and make sure to share it with anyone else who could use it!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- What Elsbeth’s running journey has looked like so far.
- Elsbeth’s advice for how to handle mind drama about running in a group.
- How Elsbeth turned her mindset around and learned from her mistakes over her race weekend.
- The biggest mistake you can make during a race.
- How Elsbeth’s goals have evolved compared to when she first started running 10 years ago.
- What Elsbeth does to keep herself injury-free.
- The most transformational mental shifts Elsbeth has experienced over her time as a runner.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have topic suggestions for our next discussion, email us at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Elsbeth Thurston: Instagram | TikTok
- Dopey Challenge
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!