Trigger warning: there will be mentions of weight loss in this episode. However, this is not an episode about losing weight, but rather what it’s like to feel obsessed with food, and how you can begin to shift away from that mindset if it’s something you’re struggling with right now.
So, if you’re worried about what you’re eating, obsessing over your weight, or experiencing any pressure or judgment in this area, I have an amazing guest on the podcast this week to discuss this sensitive topic.
Renae Saager is a certified health & life coach and emotional eating expert who teaches all kinds of women how to start living a powerful, authentic life free from food and weight obsession. Tapping into her own unique journey with disordered eating and alcoholism, Renae supports her clients through the process of rewiring their brain and creating confidence with her no-BS approach.
Tune in this week as Renae shares how she helps her clients heal and gain clarity on their thoughts about food and body acceptance. We’re discussing what an obsession with food looks like, and Renae is giving us her hilarious, unapologetic, in-your-face genius advice for anyone who is worried about their thoughts around food.
If you enjoyed this episode, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s my 30-day learn-to-run class where I get you set up to train for a 5K! Click here to join the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The most common problems Renae’s clients are going through when they come to her for help.
- Why you don’t need to be different in order to like yourself.
- How Renae helps challenge her clients’ mindsets around food, without focusing on weight loss.
- Why, as humans, we revert to extreme either-or thinking when it comes to success and failure.
- What you’re missing out on when you’re using all of your energy to adhere to some unnecessary food plan or body size.
- Why your weight is the least interesting thing about you.
- How to show yourself compassion and either avoid or deal with triggering conversations and situations around food during the holidays.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Renae Saager: Website | Instagram | Podcast
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!