How many times a day do you find yourself feeling annoyed with someone in your life, whether it be a loved one or a stranger? Maybe someone didn’t say please or thank you, or maybe your partner didn’t do a chore the way you’ve asked them to. This, my friends, is an indicator that you’ve got a manual in place, and today I’m showing you why you need to let it go.
On this episode, I’m diving into what a manual is, how they work, and how we mistakenly apply them to pretty much everyone we come into contact with. Doing this work can be tricky, as manuals tend to be something you’ve grown up with, or they’ve been handed down to you by your parents or teachers, but dropping them is going to be so worth it when you realize how much freedom and peace you can have in the long-run.
Join me this week to see how your manuals might be causing you unnecessary suffering. Feeling disrespected or thinking someone is being condescending simply doesn’t serve you, and instead, you can learn to see how you might be setting expectations that are coming back to bite you in the ass.
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Check it out here and get on the waiting list for the next round of enrollment …I can’t wait to see you there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- What a ‘manual’ is and how we mistakenly use them.
- Why other people not following your manual isn’t a problem.
- How believing that your manual is the right one for everyone to follow will leave you suffering.
- Why letting go of your manuals can bring you calm and peace.
- How feeling annoyed with someone can be a signal that you have a manual for them to follow.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Brooke Castillo
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!