I’m so excited to introduce something a little different for this week’s The Not Your Average Runner Podcast. Are you guys ready to hear a raw tale of what it’s like to train for a marathon when you’re a mom, working on different projects, and plus sized?
The incredible Jen Lamplough shares with us how she overcame the hurdles of modern life and defied expectations by running her first marathon. Jen doesn’t sugarcoat her experience and relives the emotional rollercoaster that comes with such intense training. Jen is a wonderful example of what can be achieved through sheer grit in the face of adversity.
I know you’re going to love this episode! Don’t miss out on hearing Jen’s inspiring journey and her amazing tips for marathon training. Tune in until the end to hear Jen answer some live questions from Facebook!
If you want even more support on your journey to learning to run, or improving your run, join the Run Your Best Life Coaching Group! We are going to do some serious work – on your running and your whole life!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- How to balance business and family life with training.
- How to manage your mind before, during, and after a marathon.
- 3 big mistakes to avoid when training for a marathon.
- Why having the right fuel supports you physically and mentally.
- How to get back on the horse after falling off.
- Jen’s simple recovery methods to help get you to the finish line.
- How having an all-encompassing support system will benefit your running.
- Jen’s most comprehensive checklist for race day (so you don’t forget anything essential!).
- What having a mantra can do for you.
- Why running and weight loss don’t go hand in hand.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Watch the video:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join the Run Your Best Life Coaching Group!
- Jen’s Instagram
- Jen’s Twitter
- Jen’s Facebook
- Chicago food bank
- Shamrock Shuffle
- Indianapolis Half Marathon
- Boston Marathon
- Robert Brace
- Feed Zone Portables – Biju K. Thomas & Allen Lim
- Epsom salts
- Slow Fat Triathlete – Jayne Williams
- American Diabetes Association
- Jen’s Books!!
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!