The holidays are a time where your schedule is packed and the festivities are in full swing, but are they all things you actually want to be doing?
I know a lot of you might be doing things out of guilt, and so this episode is going to address people-pleasing and why it can be so toxic. It’s a behavior we find so easy to spot in others, and we all have that one friend who would roll over and do anything for some people, but I’m sharing some examples that might shine a light on where this could be happening for you too.
Join me on this episode for a deep dive into people-pleasing and its consequences. It’s a hard habit to quit and it’s not going to feel great when people discover that you’ve “changed” but trust me, it is so worth it in the long-run!Say no. Ask for what you want. Tell people the truth. See what happens. Click To Tweet
Our Rebel Runner Unleashed race-cations plans are in full swing and there are a couple spots left for New Orleans! If you want to go on a trip of a lifetime, just go and sign up for a consult to learn more!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- What people-pleasing actually is.
- Why people-pleasing is toxic.
- Some examples of people-pleasing.
- Why quitting the habit of people-pleasing doesn’t feel great.
- What happens when you stop being a fictional version of yourself.
- The work you’re going to have to do when you stop pretending to be someone else.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #64: Self Defense for Runners with Carrie Mugridge and Jimmy Golden
- Self-defense keychain
- Run Angel (DISCOUNT CODE: CARR20)
- New Orleans Rock ‘n’ Roll half marathon
- Seattle Rock ‘n’ Roll half marathon
- Savannah Rock ‘n’ Roll half marathon
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!