Welcome to another valuable episode on half marathons! June and July are the prime months to start training for fall races, and I want every single one of you to have the end experience you are training so hard for.
And so, on this episode, I delve into how you can make sure you get that amazing feeling of crossing the finishing line by picking the right race for you. Not all races are created equal, and there are definitely some key factors to consider!
This week, I also touch on the concept of negative motivation and why we get stuck in the cycle of our inner mean girl telling us we’re not good enough. Working on our mindset is so important and I’m here to remind you that shaming and comparing yourself to your previous self or anyone else does not work.
Join me to learn what you should consider when picking the right race for you. Plus, I share some key training tips for the buildup to your big day! Also, my latest obsession this week is seriously amazing, you don’t want to miss it!
If you want to run with me and 10 other beautiful women for the Rock n Roll half marathon in New Orleans in February 2019, apply here to join Rebel Runner Unleashed and we’ll arrange for a time to speak on the phone!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Why negative motivation is not effective.
- How focusing on your past impacts your results.
- Why a bigger race is likely to have a longer time limit.
- The importance of considering altitude and terrain when training.
- What to avoid doing in your training plan.
- How to calculate your half marathon time.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join the Run Your Best Life Coaching Group!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Stitch Fix (Grab 25% off your first shipment!)
- Running in the USA
- New Orleans Rock n Roll half marathon
- My list of races with a longer time limit
- Ep #7: Run-Walk Like a Pro
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!