We all know the excitement of signing up for something like a half marathon, dreaming about the medal we’re going to get when we cross the finish line and where we’re going to proudly display it in our homes. If this burst of motivation and excitement quickly dwindles when you have to actually start training to get there, raise your hand.
If this sounds familiar to you, this episode is going to give you the guidance you need to not just plan your training – because let’s be honest, that’s the easy part – but execute it to get you to your end goal. I’m introducing you to the 24-hour plan, which is going to help keep you on track and stay out of overwhelm as you’re working through your training.
Tune in to hear how the 24-hour planning guide is going to transform the way you plan for anything you want to achieve! It’s simple and will help you stay committed so you can stop hoping you’ll go on that run, and actually go.
Jen and I are bringing you another Q&A episode next week, so make sure you leave any questions you have for us on the website or on the Facebook group page!
We’re having the best time in Run Your Best Life right now, and if you’re not already in it, I seriously don’t know what you’re waiting for. We’re focusing on motivation for May, but we’re taking it so much deeper and it’s so fun seeing our members’ a-ha moments, so get in there!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- What happens when you don’t plan your training runs.
- The easy part of planning and the hard part of planning.
- What a 24-hour plan is and how to implement it.
- The difference between deciding in advance and committing versus hoping.
- How to decide and commit to something.
- Why you need “counter proposals” to your excuses.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Brooke Castillo
- Corinne Crabtree
- Ep #81: Why It’s Good to Suck at Running
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!