Picture this scenario. You start running and you’re a little hesitant about telling people. But you finally gather the courage to tell someone at work that you’re doing a 5K, and you’ll be doing run-walk intervals. And their response is, “Oh, well you’re really more of a walker than a runner, aren’t you?”
I’m going to break this to you gently: today’s episode is not about literal poop bags. But it is about dealing with shitty comments, which I’m sure is a way more interesting topic anyway. Hearing comments like this can end up with us experiencing some pretty negative feelings. And if this happens to you, or you’re scared that it might, I want you to listen closely to this episode.
Tune in this week to discover the secret to leaving other people’s opinions by the side of the road like the bags of poop that they are. I’m sharing why other people’s opinions about your running are not what makes you upset, and what you can do to help your brain sort the gold from the crap when it comes to what other people have to say about you.
I know so many of us struggle to stay consistent when it comes to our exercise routines. So, on April 11th I’m doing a half-day workshop on how to stay consistent with exercise. I’m teaching you why this is so difficult and what you can do to change it, all for just $39. And if you’re busy that day, don’t worry because I will be providing the replay via email later that night. Click here to join and I will see you there!
If you enjoy listening to this show, you have to check out the Rebel Runner Roadmap! It’s a 30-day online program that will teach you exactly how to start running, stick with it, and become the runner you’ve always wanted to be. Our next session starts on April 11th. If you want 2021 to be your year to become a runner, come join us and I can’t wait to meet you in there!
If you’re just starting out on your running journey or getting back into it after some time off, I want you to sign up for my free 30-day Running Start Kit. Just click here to sign up, and make sure to share it with anyone else who could use it!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why other people’s opinions about you and your running can’t hurt you.
- What actually causes us pain when people make offhand comments about our running.
- Why we hold onto other people’s shitty comments more than their compliments.
- How to start thinking of other people’s opinions as nothing more than poop bags on the trail.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- If you have topic suggestions for our next discussion, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Rest Day CBD Bath Soak and Recovery Balm – Use code REBELS for 25 off!
- Rest Day CBD Instagram
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!