Over the past couple of weeks, we’ve been discussing how crucial it is to manage your mind when it comes to running and training for a big race. This week, I want to teach you a skill that’s just as important: proper running form.
Injuries are something we all want to avoid as runners, and the key to this is really honing the art of your running form. As plus-size women, extra weight means extra impact that could be extremely damaging if you’re doing it wrong.
Tune in to this week’s episode of The Not Your Average Runner Podcast, where I teach you everything you need to know about your running form, from head to toe. Follow my step-by-step instructions and completely transform your form, so you’re ready to tackle your next big race!
If you want even more support on your journey to learning to run, or improving your run, join the Run Your Best Life Coaching Group! We are going to do some serious work – on your running and your whole life!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- The ins and outs of doing a form check when running.
- Why you might need to take shorter strides when running.
- Two ways to assess your current running form.
- Why you need an objective viewpoint of your form to improve.
- Some considerations to implement into your routine if you’re feeling sore after your runs.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Download your free one-week jumpstart plan to help you get started running today!
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join the Run Your Best Life Coaching Group!
- To enter the Enell Sports Bra contest, remember to post a photo or video on Instagram showing yourself with a current sports bra of yours. Remember to tag @notyouraveragerunner and @enellsportsbras and use #raspberrysplash and #NYARPodcast to make sure I can find you! Enter by March 15th for a chance to win!
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!