Rebels, I’ve got the one and only Andy Aupperle back on the show this week! Andy just ran his first formally timed 5K and so I wanted to pick his brain about how that experience went for him. I know so many of you who are planning to run your first race will find this information useful too!
I ask Andy how this experience compared to the first 5K race he ran and what plans he has for the future in terms of running. We cover so much from how the race turned out to be a little unexpected to the best fruits for post-recovery and training for future races!
Tune in this week for a hilarious conversation and learn more about Andy! As always, there’s a lot of humor and love in this conversation so I know you’re going to love it!I'm not going to forget this race because how can you forget your first official timed run that takes place in all this mud? It gave me a good place to start with my official timed runs. Now I can go nowhere but up. - Andy Aupperle Click To Tweet
If you want to join Andy and the Rebel Runner crew or if you just want to come down and hang out with us, sign up for a call. You can do that at talktojill.com or the new Rebel Runner Unleashed website!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Andy’s first timed 5K race experience.
- The complications Andy had during the race.
- How Andy found running with an official timer.
- What Andy is planning to do next with his running.
- One of the best foods for post-race recovery.
- Andy’s running goal for next year.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Connect with Andy: Website | Instagram
- The Great Pumpkin Run
- Tough Mudder
- The Rocky Run
- Broad Street Run
- New Jersey half marathon
- Philadelphia Marathon
- ½ Sauer ½ Kraut half marathon
- Beat the Blerch
- Stuffed jalapenos recipe
- Mexican spaghetti squash recipe
- Feed Zone Portables
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!