From 5K fun runs to ultramarathons, races are getting canceled left and right, so odds are you’ve been affected. There are a whole plethora of emotions going on in the Run Your Best Life group, from outrage to disappointment, and also some relief for a few people who didn’t feel ready for their race. Wherever you are on the spectrum, this episode is going to help you feel better right now.
The women in the Run Your Best Life group know that the mindset work involved with running is just as important as the physical training, if not more, and so they’re working out their feelings and getting busy figuring out some creative ways to do their races virtually. Despite race cancelations, people are getting out there and running, getting on conference calls with friends, or doing them on their own.
Join me on the podcast this week as I show you why a race getting canceled can’t actually make you feel anything negative, and how you can flip the script and see this time as one that is special and truly a once in a lifetime opportunity. Letting your imagination run wild and getting creative means there is no limit to how awesome you can make a virtual event, so get thinking!
The Not Your Average Runner team is supporting coach Jen’s organization, the Northern Illinois Food Bank, through The Rebel Run Virtual Race. The Chicago area has been hit hard economically by the pandemic and we’re trying to raise $5000 to help families in need. $10 from every single race registration for The Rebel Run Virtual Race goes directly to this food bank, and so if you’ve had a race canceled recently, this is a great opportunity for you to run and help people in need. Check it out here!
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Doors are open for enrollment now, so get in there!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How some of our Run Your Best Life members have been getting creative with their races.
- Why a race cancelation can’t make you feel angry or disappointed.
- What a thought error is and what’s going on for you right now if you’re feeling a lot of negativity around race cancelations.
- How you’re missing out if you’re thinking negative thoughts about races being canceled.
- Thoughts you can try on to change your perspective on virtual races during the pandemic.
- One thing to keep in mind if you want to take a break from running.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- The Rebel Run Virtual Race
- Corinne Crabtree
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!