My Rebel Runner Unleashed clients were in Philly with me this week to do some prep work for our upcoming half marathon in February! We’re doing some serious mental preparation, so I thought I’d let you guys in on how to tackle your own race-day mindset.
Most people think that running the training miles will make the race easy, but honestly, at least 80% of the work is mental, so it’s crucial to get your brain in shape to go the distance. What I’ll be covering on this episode is how visualization or “mental rehearsals” can complement your training plan. I’m also sharing how you can practice this technique for maximum effect on race day!
Tune in for a new take on race preparations and how this method can manifest results that you want. As you know by now, every result comes from your thinking, and this episode is going to give you license to daydream about your goals!Your mental practice should feel like you are just completely consumed. You're in that experience as much as you can be. Click To Tweet
I’m taking a crew of women to New Orleans in February to run the Rock n Roll half there for a once in a lifetime race-cation! If you have a half marathon on your bucket list or if you’ve done a five-mile run within the past month, I want you to sign up for a quick call with my team! This trip is going to be epic and you do not want to miss it!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- What visualization is and how it works.
- How you can change your beliefs.
- How to get the most out of your “mental rehearsal.”
- Why your mental practice should be as detailed as possible.
- How to apply visualization to your race day preparations.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- New Orleans Rock ‘n’ Roll half marathon
- Ep #33: How to Coach Yourself
- Ep #40: The Secret to Manifesting Your Dreams with Cassie Parks
- Ep #51: Bound and Determined – A Story of Transformation with Shawnna Dancer
- Ep #11: Proper Running Form
- Jack Canfield Vision Board app
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!