Fall and winter is peak race season, especially for half marathons, so I want to cover how you can have a great race day! We’re talking all about race day strategies in the Run Your Best Life group at the moment, and I’m going to share some of that wisdom with you today.
What I’ll be covering on the episode is all about the drama we create in our minds that make us question our abilities, even when we’ve trained really hard. There are a lot of things we make our finishing time or our progress in training mean, and I’m showing you why it doesn’t mean what you think it does.
Join me this week for a refresher on how you can avoid creating more drama for yourself by asking better questions. I’m sharing my two cents on whether putting a positive spin on a negative situation is delusional and I think this will be really helpful in going forward with your mindset work!We are all delusional. Every human on the planet is delusional because we all make meaning out of the facts and circumstances of our lives. It's all a delusion. Click To Tweet
I’m taking a crew of women to New Orleans in February to run the Rock n Roll half there for a once in a lifetime race-cation! If you have a half marathon on your bucket list or if you’ve done a five-mile run within the past month, I want you to sign up for a quick call with my team! This trip is going to be epic and you do not want to miss it!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Skirt Sports x Not Your Average Runner prize giveaway winner announcement.
- Why asking our brains questions we can’t answer is unproductive.
- What happens in your brain when you ask shitty questions.
- Why a circumstance in your life is always neutral.
- How our evaluations of situations are always delusions.
- Why you get to decide what makes a race great.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- New Orleans Rock ‘n’ Roll half marathon
- Ep #33: How to Coach Yourself
- Ep #25: Get Your Brain in Shape with Brooke Castillo
- Ep #47: One Mission, Two Journeys with Nicole DeBoom
- Skirt Sports
- Run This World podcast
- Jen Lamplough
- Joyce Meyer
- Barefoot Dreams cozy pants
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!