I recently taught a class on how to not half-ass your training runs and realized that I want everyone to know these skills and tools, so I’m bringing it to the podcast too!
The three steps I’m guiding you through today are designed to make sure you have no room for those bullshit excuses that come up when you don’t feel like going on a run. These concepts that I’m sharing today can be implemented regardless of the distance of your race, so make sure you master these tips so you can celebrate at the finish line.
Join me this week to learn how you can teach yourself to stick to your commitments. I want you to be proud of yourself on race day so use these tools and take the time to work on your mindset! This is going to prepare you for the smoothest training process ever!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- 3 steps to full-ass your race training.
- Why planning is crucial to your training.
- What I consider necessary to be part of your training as a beginner.
- What you need to know about adjusting and flexing around your schedule.
- How to create a plan for managing your mind.
- Why beating yourself up when you fuck up isn’t helpful.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Ep #23: What Is a Rebel Runner?
- Ep #76: Forming Habits for a Happier Life with Gretchen Rubin
- Toasty Cheeks Skirt (Use code NYAR20 for 20% off your order!)
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!