I’m bringing you a Facebook Live video I did in the Not Your Average Runner podcast group this week regarding the Black Lives Matter movement and how the white community can start to understand our privilege and become agents for change. I believe that racism is a problem for white people to fix because we’re the ones who created it, and I know my audience consists of mostly white women.
This is something I’ll be integrating more into the content I bring you here because it’s necessary, and I like to think of our community as a sisterhood who supports and helps each other when we’re hurting. I’m taking steps to educate myself and learn how I can be actively anti-racist, and I urge you to do the same.
Join me today as I share some of the things I’m doing to ensure the Not Your Average Runner community and team promotes diversity and makes our space a safe one for everybody, but especially for Black women. If you are white, I’m inviting you to accept the premise that you are racist, and I’ll be sharing why that is and why resistance will never help you grow and evolve. Please check out the resources I’ll be continually sharing here and also take the initiative to educate yourself and be open to broadening your perspective.
The Rebel Runner Roadmap is a 30-day online class where I teach you the fundamentals of running. This is a class where you’ll learn how to start running the right way, or how to up-level your running. From running form, strength training, stretching, to all the brain work, it’s all in there. Registration opens on June 22nd and we start June 30th, so mark your calendars and get on the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- What I’m doing to promote diversity and ensure my communities are a safe space.
- Why taking action and committing to change and evolution isn’t supposed to feel good.
- How you have absorbed racist messages your whole life.
- Why racism is a problem for white people to fix.
- The best thing you can do right now as a white person.
- Why we need to broaden our definition of racism.
- My thoughts on people who are saying “all lives matter” during the Black Lives Matter movement.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Join Run Your Best Life to get exclusive content from a podcast accessible just for members!
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Mirna Valerio’s program: Introduction to Identity, Social Justice, and Anti-Racism for the White Community
- Unf*ck Your Brain Podcast
- White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo
- Ep #148: Catching Up with Mirna Valerio
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!