One thought I hear all the time in my community is, “I’m not a real runner.” You look at other runners and think that because you don’t look the same or move as fast, you aren’t a real runner, and you doubt whether you ever will be. This topic comes up again and again, but on the show this week, I’m inviting you to stop entertaining these BS thoughts.
If you’re doubting yourself on your running journey, this episode is for you. This idea of not being a real runner stops too many people in their tracks when they’re just getting started, and that isn’t what I want for you. I’m showing you how to drop these doubts and try on something more useful instead.
Tune in this week to explore the difference between healthy doubt and doubt that stops you from going after the things you really want. I’m showing you how to spot doubt that isn’t serving you, and giving you a new way to respond to the doubt that is holding you back.
Up and Running is officially open for registration! This is my beginners’ running class, giving you a step-by-step process to start running in the body you have right now safely and confidently. Click here for all the details.
If you could guarantee your success in training for a half marathon by doing just one thing, would you do it? Well, I have just the thing and it’s called Run Your Best Life. This is the training program where you’ll have multiple coaches, a fantastic community, and endless resources to support you along the way. Run Your Best Life is now open to all women who want to get running, so hop on in!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why doubt is normal, and self-doubt can serve us in some capacity.
- The important differences between healthy doubt and doubt that holds you back.
- What doubt and a lack of conviction on your running journey look like.
- A new way to respond to feelings of doubt.
- One useful question to ask yourself whenever you’re doubting yourself and your conviction.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
- Ep #233: Are You a Real Runner? How to Stop Doubting Yourself
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!