Literally every single runner will be able to relate to today’s topic. Whether you’re an Olympian or a brand-new beginner, at some point in your running life, you’ll need to take time out due to injury or illness, and this can be incredibly difficult to manage. Most of us rely on running (at least partially) for our mental health and to relieve stress.
Yeah, the Self Coaching Model and thought work are awesome, but sometimes, you just got to go out and pound the pavement to give yourself a reset. When your doctor tells you that running is out of the question for weeks or months, it’s understandably devastating. So, how do you recover from injury without losing your mind?
Tune in this week to discover how to take some of the stress and frustration out of injury recovery. I’m sharing my three-step process for recovering in a way that is physically and mentally healthy, and I’m giving you all the how-to’s for taking an active role in your recovery, so you’re not sitting on the couch waiting to just feel better.
The doors to Up and Running are now open for enrollment! If you want to be a runner but it feels like there’s something getting in your way, maybe you’ve tried using apps but you’ve struggled to stay motivated, click here to sign up and we’ll get you Up and Running.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How taking an active and empowered role in your recovery always speeds up the process.
- Why understanding your injury early on will help you and your doctor plan your recovery.
- How to gain some extra awareness of your injury, how it’s currently limiting you, and how it’s recovering.
- Why your recovery needs planning and tracking with just as much detail as your training.
- How to bring that race-training energy into your recovery process and move your recovery forward.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Doc on the Run Podcast: How Self-Confidence and Self-Love Beat Finish Times Every Time with Jill Angie
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!