Whether it’s running, making more money, or hitting milestones in your life, what we’re all aiming for is progress. Whatever it is that we’re doing, we want to see concrete evidence that it’s working and that we’re getting better. And if we don’t, well… quitting often isn’t far away.
If you’re on the cusp of wanting to give up because you’re frustrated that you’re not making progress, you need to hear today’s episode. This is a re-run of one of the most popular and useful episodes I have recorded to date, and it’s about to blow your mind if you’re convinced you’re not making progress with your running or life goals.
Join me this week to discover what to do if you believe you’re not making progress. You’ll hear how to question your belief that you need to be making progress at all times, what happens when you think progress is what will make you feel proud or fulfilled, and why it’s so powerful to engage in an activity without ever expecting to make progress.
If you could guarantee your success in training for a half marathon by doing just one thing, would you do it? Well, I have just the thing and it’s called Run Your Best Life. This is the training program where you’ll have multiple coaches, a fantastic community, and endless resources to support you along the way. Run Your Best Life is now open to all women who want to get running, so hop on in!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why we’re so convinced that we should always we getting better.
- How you’re always making progress, even if you can’t see it.
- The best parts you miss out on when you’re focused on a perceived failure.
- How progress often shows up differently than you think it should.
- What happens when you believe making progress is what will make you feel happy, proud, or motivated.
- Why you think you need evidence of progress to be a legitimate runner.
- 4 questions to ask yourself if you currently believe you’re not making progress.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have any questions you’d like answered on the show, email me at email@example.com
- Join the Not Your Average Runner Private Facebook Community
- Not Your Average Runner Instagram
- Check out my books!
- Ep #230: What to Do if You’re Not Making Progress
- 4 questions to ask yourself if you currently believe you’re not making progress:
- Why does making progress matter to you?
- When is it worth doing something even if you don’t get better?
- What do you make it mean about yourself if you’re not seeing evidence of progress?
- What are other ways to assess your progress?
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!